For more than 165 years, the family-owned and operated Lee Funeral Homes has provided caring, dignified service to families in need. During those years, six generations of Lee family have prided themselves on this dependable and distinctive service. Today, that service is offered by C. William Lee, III., Katherine Lee Taylor, Michael W. Lee and Lisa M. Mounts and the entire staff of the Lee Funeral Homes. Orginially, the J. William Lee Sons Company was established and located in Washington, D.C., steps from the Capital building, by Henry Lee in 1836. In 1895, J. William Lee, acting on behalf of a local society of 300 members, installed the first crematory in Washington, D.C. and one of the first on the entire East Coast. In 1901, The J. William Lee Sons Company had the distinct privilege of serving the William McKinley family, our country’s 34th President of the United States. In 1977, Lee Funeral Home, Inc. began providing services to families in Clinton, MD (Prince George’s County) and continues to provide services today. And in 1996, Lee Funeral Home Calvert, P.A. was established in Owings, MD (Calvert County) and also continues to provide service today.